Monday, August 24, 2015

Back to the Paperback - The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothuss

The addictive nature of this book combined with the traditional paperback doorstopper-sized copy equaled an overall good reading experience.  Not too much to say about reading a paperback versus reading an eBook this time around.

However, as I read the last words, closed up the book, and put it in the return pile for the library, I realized I am engulfed in the paperback reading experience.  That is to say, I had no desire to return to reading on the Nook while I was reading this.
Then I thought about that some more.  And some more.  And a little more.  Not on purpose.  It just kept popping into my head that reading eBooks on the Nook is not really too different.  While reading paperbacks has its nostalgia, the eBook mostly the same.  Except of course worrying about battery power.  And not having to need light to read by. 


There is indeed a part of me that is eager to get back to reading on the Nook again.  That being said, I'm not ready to give up on reading paperbacks for the rest of the year. I think I'm going to enjoy that nostalgia for a while longer.

If you want to see my review of the actual book content, it can be found here at Goodreads: